Total Pageviews

Pages

Featured Post

Thalassery Mutton Dum Biryani!

Hello, my lovelies!!!! I am baaaaaack!!!! Ok, I do need to apologize for the extremely long hiatus...and no, I am not going to make any exc...

Monday, May 14, 2012

French Toast!

I woke up on Sunday morning, my stomach grumbling and crying out for food. And I went down memory lane to the time when mom used to make french toast for us as kids...she still does actually whenever we go home! Of course, nothing can beat mom's taste, but I was desperately craving for french toast, so much so that I ran down to the grocer's like as if my behind was on fire, got a pack of bread and got cooking. Seriously, even the girl in there was wondering whether to call an ambulance for me..he he! Anyways, french toast is really basic and am sure all of you know how to do it, but this is for all those newbies in the world of cooking. I remember the first time I made this after we got married and I burnt it, but my poor A still happily ate it. So A darling, this one's for you!

INGREDIENTS
  • 3 slices of bread
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup of milk
  • 4-5 tablespoons granulated sugar. If using icing sugar, 2-3 tablespoons
  • 3 tablespoons butter, to fry
  • Icing sugar for dusting (optional)
METHOD
  • Beat the eggs and add milk and sugar to this. Set this aside for 5 minutes.
  • Heat the butter in the frying pan.
  • Reduce the flame to medium-low, soak the bread in the egg milk mixture and fry for 2 minutes on each side, till both sides are golden brown.
  • Repeat the same step for the other 2 pieces.
  • Garnish with a bit of icing sugar (optional).
  • Serve hot.
The pics, for your viewing pleasure!



What do u think of the pics? Looks yummy, no?? If any of you make french toast, do take pics and send them across too! Take care u guys!


2 comments:

  1. First time to ur blog..Toast looks delicious and yumm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tina, Thank u so much for the kind words. Do continue visiting and try out the food!

      Delete

Hi there! Thank u for taking the time to drop by and leave a note. It's people like you who make me want to improve my cooking skills more and increase my passion for cooking! Please ensure that you dont leave behind comments that are hurtful or inappropriate. Remember, constructive criticism is always appreciated, not destructive! Have a nice day and God bless!

My dear fans!!

Tweet me!

Reader's favorites!