I am absolutely loving the weather now!! This is soo NOT like the UAE at this time of the year, which is why I'm loving it even more!! It's been nice and cool, and the best part of it all are the rain showers! So, what better way to enjoy the beautiful weather rather than curl up on the sofa with your fave novel and a nice hot cup of chai, hmm?? Sadly, some of us, like yours truly, have to go to work, so I thought, why not come up with something other than hot tea to enjoy the lovely weather in...And that's when I thought of soup. My husband loves carrots and potatoes, so I thought of combining those 2 loves into a delicious creamy soup. So, enough with the description already, don't you want to know how I went about making it? Keep reading...
INGREDIENTS (Serves 1)
INGREDIENTS (Serves 1)
- 1 medium sized carrot- remove the outer skin and chop into thin slices
- 1 small potato- cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup milk (I used low fat)
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- Garam masala- A pinch (optional)
- 1 medium sized onion- chopped finely
- 1 spring onion chopped finely
- Coriander leaves- A few
- Butter- 2 teaspoons
- Salt to taste
- Heat butter in a pan. Once melted, add chopped onion and spring onion and saute, till they turn transparent. Add salt at this stage
- Add a few coriander leaves, pepper and garam masala powder.
- Now add the potatoes and carrot and give it a quick stir.
- Add the milk and close the pan for about 20 minutes on a very low flame.
- After 20 minutes, the potatoes and carrots will be completely mashed. Set it aside for about 5-10 minutes to cool down and blend in the food processor with half a cup of water.
- In a pan, add a teaspoon of butter, and stir in the flour.
- To this add 3 tablespoons of milk and then add the blended potato carrot mixture.
- Leave on the flame for another 2 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with a few coriander leaves and black pepper.
Tada, the soup is ready! Time for a closeup..
Isn't it the color of sunshine? This soup was really thick and creamy because I did not add water while blending the mixture. The choice is yours to make, if you want it thick or more like a liquid. Also, you can avoid potato if you don't want to use it. Whatever the case, I am absolutely positive that you will enjoy this delicious soup. Do let me know your thoughts. Till next time, take care and God bless!