Total Pageviews

Pages

Featured Post

Thalassery Mutton Dum Biryani!

Hello, my lovelies!!!! I am baaaaaack!!!! Ok, I do need to apologize for the extremely long hiatus...and no, I am not going to make any exc...

Monday, September 23, 2013

Vendakka Mezhukkuparatti~Ladies finger stir fry!

This recipe is actually long overdue..something my brother was asking for quite some time now. So, this one's for you, R! In fact, I actually made this for Onam. Normally, cabbage stir fry is the general stir fry but variety is the spice of life, don't you  agree?? :)

INGREDIENTS (Serves 2)

  • 1/4 kilo ladies finger, cut into quarter inch pieces
  • 1 medium sized onion
  • 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons red chilly powder
  • 2 teaspoons coriander powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon garam masala (all spice) powder
  • Salt to taste
  • 2 tablespoons oil (Any type refined oil or coconut oil)
  • Curry leaves to garnish
RECIPE
  • Heat oil in a frying pan. To this add the onion along with salt and saute.
  • Once onion turns translucent, add the ladies finger and fry for about 5-6 minutes or till the stickiness disappears.
  • Now add all the powders except for the garam masala.
  • Close the pan for about 5 minutes and stir in between to ensure that the ladies finger dont stick to the bottom.
  • Finally add the garam masala and garnish with curry leaves.
Easy right? In fact, you dont even need to add onions if you dont want to. So here's the pic...


Till next time, adios amigos!



7 comments:

  1. This is one of my favourites stir fries.Will try your version soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for the late reply, but thanks a ton Aysha! Do let me know how your version turns out and do try out the other recipes!

      Delete
  2. Simple yet so yum! Thanks for stopping by and for the follow dear. Look forward to sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stir fry looks so good Neetu. I rarely make it though I do like ladies finger. Time to get some from the store :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Neetu , Good to connect. You have a lovely space here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much! It truly is an honor! I will defintely be a part of your website! Looking forward to sharing even more fantastic recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for the lovely comments! I truly am sorry for the late reply! Please do try out the other recipes and let me know your feedback!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank u for taking the time to drop by and leave a note. It's people like you who make me want to improve my cooking skills more and increase my passion for cooking! Please ensure that you dont leave behind comments that are hurtful or inappropriate. Remember, constructive criticism is always appreciated, not destructive! Have a nice day and God bless!

My dear fans!!

Tweet me!

Reader's favorites!