Total Pageviews

Pages

Featured Post

Thalassery Mutton Dum Biryani!

Hello, my lovelies!!!! I am baaaaaack!!!! Ok, I do need to apologize for the extremely long hiatus...and no, I am not going to make any exc...

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Roasted lamb chops with Tahini Sauce!

I love lamb chops...period! I mean, who doesn't?? Let me rephrase that..which non vegetarian in their right mind does not savor lamb chops?!?

I believe, the secret to succulent lamb chops lies in the marination, and the time you take to roast it. Mind you, lamb chops roasted for a long time, can result in the meat turning hard. Considering that I love spice in whatever I make, I decided to make an Indo-Italian marination for my lamb chops. Minimum ingredients, all in the pantry and the result was absolutely succulent, to-die-for lamb chops!

The tahini sauce was an inspiration from Nigella Lawson. I mean, what would I possibly do without her :)

Tahini sauce is basically sesame seed paste. You can just eat it simply, but I chose to make it a little more fancy...trust me, really easy! Enough with the chit chat already, let's get cooking!

INGREDIENTS

  • Lamb chops (6 pieces)
  • Red chilly flakes- 3 tablespoons
  • Garlic infused extra virgin olive oil- 2-3 tablespoons (You can also use normal olive oil and grate 1 garlic clove)
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • Garam Masala (All spice powder)- 1 teaspoon
  • Basil leaves (A pinch- optional)
  • Salt and pepper to taste                                                             
METHOD
  • Mix together chilly flakes, lemon juice, garam masala, salt, pepper and olive oil and marinate this on the lamb chops. Set this aside for at least 15-20 minutes. The longer you marinate, the better the taste.
  • Roast this in an oven set at 190 degrees celsius for 15 minutes. Some ovens would require only 10 minutes. Remember not to overcook the meat.
Tahini Sauce

In a bowl, mix together 3 tablespoons of tahini sauce, together with the juice of 1 lemon and some salt. Garnish with basil or mint leaves (optional).

Now, was'nt that easy! Do try it out and let me know how it turns out!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thank u for taking the time to drop by and leave a note. It's people like you who make me want to improve my cooking skills more and increase my passion for cooking! Please ensure that you dont leave behind comments that are hurtful or inappropriate. Remember, constructive criticism is always appreciated, not destructive! Have a nice day and God bless!

My dear fans!!

Tweet me!

Reader's favorites!