Total Pageviews

Pages

Featured Post

Thalassery Mutton Dum Biryani!

Hello, my lovelies!!!! I am baaaaaack!!!! Ok, I do need to apologize for the extremely long hiatus...and no, I am not going to make any exc...

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Chicken Noodle Biriyani!

Hello darlings!! I have some news to share... I recently started at a new job! It is special, considering that I have been with the same company for 10 years now! I did get emotional when I left, I have to be honest, but then again, change never did any one any harm :)

This dish that I present to you today is something different too. We've had chicken, we've had noodles, and we have had biriyani (most of us any way!), but what happens when you combine the 3 of them together?


I glanced upon this dish by chance, and considering that all my muslim friends out there are looking for different varieties of dishes to break their fast with, I thought I should give this a try! So Safreena, Sherin, Natha, Safeera, Meera aunty and any more people I have missed, this is all for u guys!! Ramadan Kareem once again!!

INGREDIENTS   


  • Chicken- 1 kilo- cut into small pieces
  • Noodles- 2 packets (I used Koko, considering all the controversy surrounding Maggi at the moment!)
  • Chicken stock- 1/2 cup (I used 2 Maggi chicken cubes)
  • Turmeric powder- 1/2 teaspoon
  • Red chilly powder- 1 tablespoon
  • Coriander powder- 1 1/2 tablespoon
  • Black pepper powder- 1 teaspoon
  • Curd- 5 tablespoons
  • Ginger garlic paste- 2 teaspoons
  • Onion- 2 medium, sliced thinly
  • Water- 1 cup boiling (enough to boil the chicken)
  • Ghee- 2-3 tablespoons (You can alternatively use olive oil/vegetable oil for a healthier option)
  • Bay leaves- 2
  • Cloves- 2
  • Cardamom seeds- 2
  • Coriander leaves- garnish

  • METHOD

  • Boil the chicken with salt and turmeric powder till it cooks through. This should take 20-25 minutes on a medium flame.Once boiled, let it cool and shred the chicken into fine pieces.
  • Cook the noodles separately and drain out the excess water using a colander. This should take 5 minutes (follow the instructions on the packet).
  • In a separate saucepan, heat the ghee, and to this, add the bay leaves, cloves and cardamom. Fry for few seconds.
  • Add the ginger garlic paste followed by the onions and fry till they turn golden brown. Add a little salt at this stage to speed up the process.
  • Mix the coriander, chilly and pepper powders in the curd and add this to the sauce pan. Reduce the flame at this stage and saute till it starts bubbling. This should take a few seconds. Add more salt at this stage.
  • Add the shredded chicken at this stage and combine. Close the pan for about 5 minutes. 
  • Finally add the noodles and mix together till everything gets combined thoroughly. 
  • Switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.


Now,wasn't that simple? This is the perfect dish to make when you have unexpected guests or simply want to break your fast with something different! Do try it out and let me know how it turns out.

Till next time, adios amigos and Ramadan Kareem!

1 comment:

  1. Hi.Thank s a lot for sharing such an informative article with us.I have already made it.It would be really good for us if you also share how to make chicken shawrma.As it is very common and easy to make for office lunch in dubai .Thank You so much.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank u for taking the time to drop by and leave a note. It's people like you who make me want to improve my cooking skills more and increase my passion for cooking! Please ensure that you dont leave behind comments that are hurtful or inappropriate. Remember, constructive criticism is always appreciated, not destructive! Have a nice day and God bless!

My dear fans!!

Tweet me!

Reader's favorites!